2020 Full Time International Scholarships At University of Mauritius – Mauritius
The Full Time International Scholarships At University of Mauritius is offered as part of the funding provided by the Higher Education Commission (Previously Tertiary Education Commission) for the project titled “A mesoscopic simulator for the optimisation of Light Rail Transit Systems”.
One of the objectives set for the aforementioned project is to conduct PhD level research for the development of a novel multi-objective nature-inspired model/algorithm for the optimisation of operations (scheduling, cost, emission, Light Rail Vehicle Motion, passenger flows at stations) for light rail transit (LRT) systems.
Application Deadline: 26th September 2020
Eligible Countries: International
Type: MPhil, PhD
Number of Awards: 1
Value of Award: The Scholarship covers an annual tuition and registration fees up to a maximum of Rs 75,000 and a monthly stipend: MPhil – Rs 16,500; PhD – Rs 18,300.
Duration of Award: The beneficiary will be granted a maximum period of 3 years to complete his/her MPhil/PhD study.
- Applicants must hold at least an Upper Second-Class Honours Degree in Computer Science/ Information Systems/ Applied Computing/ Software Engineering/ Mathematics/ Physics/ Engineering, or related fields,from a recognized institution.
- Applicants must be International students
Application Process: A brief summary of your understanding of the subject will have to be submitted. The summary should not exceed 2 pages and should contain the following:
‣ Your understanding of the problem statement for this research;
‣ Brief literature review on optimisation algorithms applied in transport and light rail transits; and
‣ References using Harvard Referencing style.
Letter of application together with the brief summary and a detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V) as well as photocopies of qualifications, birth certificate, marriage certificates (if applicable), testimonials and equivalence of qualifications (where applicable) should reach the Dean of Faculty of Information, Communication and Digital Technologies (FoICDT), (Attention: Dr O.Gukhool), University of Mauritius, Réduit OR by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to email@example.com (Dean, FoICDT), by 26th of September 2020, at latest.
The envelope should be clearly marked “Application for MPhil/PhD Scholarship (PV: T0104)” on the top right-hand corner. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. The University of Mauritius reserves the right:
‣ to call for interview only the most appropriate and best qualified applicants.
‣ not to make any appointment as a result of this advertisement.
‣ to conduct a written/aptitude test as and when required.
The successful award recipient must comply with the general scholarship terms and conditions, including compliance to a bond agreement.
Visit The Official Website For More Information