Scholarship In Political Science At University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) – Tanzania, 2020
The University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM) announces a call for applications for a degree Scholarship (in Political Science) for research on humanitarianism in Tanzania. The Political Science project must contribute directly to EHTZ’s Overall Objective to understand how people interacting in everyday situations respond to crisis situations outside of the formal structures of humanitarian assistance.
Application Deadline: 30th August 2020.
Eligible Countries: Any
To be Taken at (Country): Tanzania, Denmark
Value of Award: The Project will provide a fully funded Scholarship based on the UDSM’s fee structure (see here) for a three year period. Successful applicants will be required to undertake study visits in Denmark for part of the Programme.
Duration of Award: 3 years
Eligibility: To be eligible, applicants must;
- Have a Master’s degree in a social sciences discipline or other related fields of natural sciences from an accredited University
- Apply and fulfil the requirements for PhD registration at the University of Dar es Salaam (https://udsm.admission.ac.tz/index.php?r=site%2Flogin)
- Be prepared to start the PhD process in October 2020 after the acceptance of the Scholarship
- Be available for online interview on dates that will be communicated
- Be willing to work in an international research environment
- Work effectively in both Kiswahili and English
Application Process: Applicants must prepare and submit a complete application package, including specifically:
- Research proposal that clearly shows the linkages of the applicants’ PhD potential area of research relevant to the project interest (at most 5 pages)
- Curriculum vitae (at most 3 pages)
- List of publications (if any) or copy of Master’s Dissertation
- Copy of Master’s degree certificate
- Two academic reference letters (ideally one written by the Master’s Supervisor)
Applicants for the scholarships are required to send application packages to the Department of Geography University of Dar es Salaam email@example.com with copies to EHTZ Project PI, Professor Lisa Richeylri.firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com (EHTZ South project coordinator).
Visit The Official Website For More Information